Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More work on the Front Logic Displays

Today I made a trip to my local electronics shop, ICC North in Brewer.
I picked up a MUCH better soldering iron that allows me to crank the output power from 25 watts on up to 65.  Another thing ICC had was an LED tester.  This little device made quick work of testing the LEDs and sort them out by color (they are all clear).



I had to correct a resister which I installed in reverse.  Once I corrected that, it was on to referring to the layout of the front logic display, clip the correct LED and slide it into the board.  Its an extremely tight fit and slow work...but I made some progress tonight.


Of course, I had company while doing this work...Pudgey decided to take up the chair next to be and took great interest in the LED legs being snipped off...




Here's where I left off tonight, I got 19 LEDs installed.  Pictures show the front and back.  No soldering until later, after we test power them and make sure they fit the template piece.