Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sanding between final coat of paint

Today it was time to use some 600 grit sandpaper and sand what I painted yesterday.  From my experience with spray paint, after you get a few coats on that no longer look opaque, its time to sand it.  I notice the paint looks "bumpy", just how it dries from those earlier coats

Time to get to work..



After each piece had been sanded smooth, it was time to clean off all that paint dust with a clean cloth.  Once each and every piece had been cleaned up, the final coat of white goes on







I was going thru my parts pile and found the center foot half moons that go on the center foot.  I also decided to paint the metal plate that sits behind the utility arms white.  They got a wipe down in acetone, primed and painted up too...




This will get to dry for 24 hours or more!