Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trimming the front door bread pans

Today it hit 91 degrees up here in Bangor, Maine...not quite the warm weather we are used to!

Not being a big fan of such heat, I took refuge in the nice, cool basement (along with the cats).  I decided this would be a good day to trim the breadpans so that they fit inside the front doors.

I'm not using these in my other R2 since they will soon have gadgets in those areas.  However for this R2, I'm going to install them for now.  With the doors installed, I have to remove some material for the hinges to pass thru...


Once I had the door in position from behind the hinge, I marked off where i would need to dremel away slats for the hinges to pass thru.

Here's the results...


I have a little bit of filing to do but other than that, they are done.

Before these are installed I will have to remove the front skin and tap the holes that these bolt into.  Short work!

Here's how R2 looks now....